Sunday, December 6, 2009

Things Overheard

This morning Hannah was deep into her morning monologue, talking about and to her world. It struck me just how early we learn certain words and phrases, and how I would like to know how she talked. So, today we are cataloging her words and phrases.

Things Hannah said today:

"Watch Diego, please."
"Diaper time!"
"There's Nana's soda."
"Downstairs, Max... right now!"
"Look at me, mommy!"
"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten!"
"No."
"Here go: plate" (translation: "take this plate from me")
"Open please."
"That's telephone. Call Nana please."
"Here go: rassbewy. Eat it."
"Where's plate? Dishwasher! Get it."
"Help me, please. Up."
"Boom!"
"More have one: 'puter. It's mine. Please."
"Upsidedown 'gin."
"My turn."
"All better now!"
"No, want Red Dog."
"What happened my toe?"
"Help me find di-di, mommy. Di-di bear! My turn. Mommy, put di-di on bear please."
"Candy... my shirt?" "Yes, Hannah." "Take off!"
"There's Max!"
"No talking! Stop!"
"Oh no! Doggy... fall down!"
"It all better time!"
"It my lollipop."
"Where daddy's shoes? ... Right there!"
"Itchy now."
(Shown this picture) "Hannah! Hannah wash dishes."
"It's mine."
"Muffin time!"
"Lie down, doggie! Night-night."

[ I'll continue updating this throughout the day. ]